[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:44:19 CEST 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 09:42:35 -0700 (MST), leledumbo
<leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:

>> The warning about the $F switch concerns a setting to force far calls,
>> what is the equivalent in FPC?
>
>http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu21.html
>
>> And I am not sure that COFF is the correct file type to link
>> against...
>
>yes, it is. the fact that you know in undefined symbol step says it all. Now
>you will need to provide how those undefined symbols actually defined. They
>probably occur from external function declaration, which differs from
>compiler to compiler. For instance:
>
>SPROMEPS_RNBOSPROFORMATPACKET$RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR$WORD$$WORD
>
>is FPC's way to define:
>
>unit SPROMEPS;
>function RNBOSPROFORMATPACKET(x: RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR; y: WORD): WORD;
>
>which is explained here:
>http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu141.html#x172-1750006.2.2
>
>and the way to modify it, such that you can match with what the object file
>expects:
>http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu142.html#x173-1760006.2.3

The error message when compiling the source:
DongleTest.lpr(22,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
SPROMEPS_RNBOSPROFORMATPACKET$RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR$WORD$$WORD

In SproMeps.pas:

implementation
FUNCTION RNBOsproFormatPacket( ApiPacket     : RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR;
                               thePacketSize : WORD ) : WORD; STDCALL;
EXTERNAL;

I did not really understand any of teh discussions in the linked
articles...

Any idea what to do for this particular functio?
There are 13 in total..

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden