[Lazarus] Embedded Firebird bundled with OSX application
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 13:54:14 CEST 2015
On 2015-06-22 12:34, Tony Whyman wrote:
> I would guess that this is going to be very similar to running the same
> on Linux - but with the usual different flie location/conventions.
That was my initial thought too... should be similar to Linux. But it
ended up not being the case (at least for me).
* In OSX frameworks have a hard-code location compiled into the
libraries. You need to patch such libraries to a new location
if they are moved.
* Libraries need to be included inside the application bundle. I'm
still trying to get my head around application bundles.
* Environment variables in OSX seems different to Linux and FreeBSD
* Locations of files, tools etc are very different in OSX
* Permissions are handled different. eg: in OSX I can't find the
firebird group in /etc/groups but yet it is defined somewhere.
I have tried quite a few things already. I'll definitely take a look at
your link and try again. Many thanks for your response.
- Graeme -
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
More information about the Lazarus