[Lazarus] Embedded Firebird bundled with OSX application

Mon Jun 22 13:54:14 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-22 12:34, Tony Whyman wrote:
> I would guess that this is going to be very similar to running the same
> on Linux - but with the usual different flie location/conventions.

That was my initial thought too... should be similar to Linux. But it
ended up not being the case (at least for me).
For example:
 * In OSX frameworks have a hard-code location compiled into the
   libraries. You need to patch such libraries to a new location
   if they are moved.
 * Libraries need to be included inside the application bundle. I'm
   still trying to get my head around application bundles.
 * Environment variables in OSX seems different to Linux and FreeBSD
 * Locations of files, tools etc are very different in OSX
 * Permissions are handled different. eg: in OSX I can't find the
   firebird group in /etc/groups but yet it is defined somewhere.

I have tried quite a few things already. I'll definitely take a look at
your link and try again. Many thanks for your response.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/