[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:34:02 CEST 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:48:14 +0300, patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com>
wrote:

>I assume the compiler you installed produces 64 bit executables by
>default. The Win32 GUI (-GW) description in the IDE is not exact. As per
>fpc help:
>-WG: Specify graphic type application (EMX, OS/2, Windows)
>
>Anyway, you can check any of the compiled executables. One simple way (I
>didn't even try it) is shown in the selected answer in
>http://superuser.com/questions/358434/how-to-check-if-a-binary-is-32-or-64-bit-on-windows

Did a check with the CygWin file command:
D:\Engineering\Projects\Lazarus\LazDongle>file dongletest.exe
dongletest.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

Seems like my Lazarus produces 32 bit executables by default...

>Sven mentioned a 32 bit download for Windows, which brings up the
>question as to which one you have downloaded and installed. You can
>check http://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads

I downloaded and installed from this file:
lazarus-1.4.0-fpc-2.6.4-win32.exe
It was downloaded from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2032%20bits/

>> And I cannot provide the full source because it contains proprietary
>> key information for encrypting the data in the dongle.
>You can strip everything except for the initialization call. If this
>call succeeds then we are on the right track.

>But your best bet is to install the 32 bit version and try it yourself.
That is what I have already...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden