[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:37:56 CEST 2015

On 23/06/15 23:06, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:
> Take a look at
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/pl-pl/library/vstudio/7dz62kfh(v=vs.110).aspx
> <https://msdn.microsoft.com/pl-pl/library/vstudio/7dz62kfh%28v=vs.110%29.aspx>
> (it suggests a cvtres.exe tool)
>
> Ask to fpc guru if is possible to use manually an different linker
> like http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
>
> In the end, i would try to compile a delphi dll and access it in fpc.
>
> Another try (don't know if is possible) is to use delphi to compile
> spromeps.pas as a obj in COFF
I have discovered potential bugs in the 3rd party tool objconv.exe that
converts from omf to coff, and most importantly in fpc's internal linker.

I provided Bo Berglund with a workaround for objconv that seems to work,
and advised him to use the external linker (-Xe switch). The exception
has vanished and basic tests have succeeded. I will file a bug report
against fpc's internal linker soon.

Stephano