[Lazarus] Invisible Breakpoint

aradeonas aradeonas at operamail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:31:13 CEST 2015

> Do you at any time replace (e.g. copy and paste -- undo/redo --
delete-all/undo ) the content of the entire file? Or at least from line
1 to the line with the breakpoint?

Yes but not all time this problem happen.
> Is it a file in your project (main folder or via some path), or
> is it in
some package? Mostly package but it without any duplicate so make
IDE wrong.
> When you run your app, there should be blue dots in the gutter for any
executable line. Excuse me but still I can understand what you mean.
> Where exactly does the debugger stop in that unit?

First line of first procedure? Or the actual line in which the
breakpoint used to be, before it became corrupted? Mostly on the end of
procedure.
> A breakpoint at line 0 can not be shown in the editor. (since
> first line
is 1). However if setting a breakpoint in gdb to a line with no code
(line 0 has no code) gdb searches the next line with code, and sets it
there. (set a breakpoint on an empty line, will stop on next line) This
can be useful (if its just 1 or 2 lines off), and harmful if its 100 or
more lines away (e.g. in the interface section) BreakPoint viewer shows
line 0 but its not about first line,it just cant find the line,for
correct breakpoints when you dbl click editor go to it but for these one
nothing happen.

> 2) edit a file while debugging, they still move, but only in the IDE.
Because the exe in the debugger still needs the old positions. So if
procedure Foo is at line 500 to 550, with a breakpoint (in foo) at 510;
and you delete 5 lines somewhere before 500, then in the SourceEditor
Foo is from 495 to 545 (but the loaded exe still is from 500 to 550) The
IDE then maps the breakpoint (that is now displayed at
505) to still stop at 510 (in loaded exe). This map is reset when the
     debugger stops.

Yes it just happens for me and  I saw it for example all of breakpoints
in a procedure go 2 line down.

Regards, Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - IMAP accessible web-mail