[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:02:33 CEST 2015

ALMOST SOLVED (workaround found)
--------------------------------
As patspiper has posted there has been a potential bug discovered in
the fpc linker while tracing my problems with porting the Sentinel
SuperPro dongle handler class from Delphi to Lazarus/FPC.
In order to port it we had to convert an OBJ file from the dongle
maker to a format FPC accepts (coff) using a 3rd party tool, which
also has some bug in it.
Patspiper will handle the bug reports.

The solution to the actual problem for me was:
1) Convert the OBJ file to COFF and alias the internal identifiers
such that FPC can find them. This uses the 3rd party tool objconv.
Then replace the include directive for the OBJ file with the COFF
file.

2)Use the compiler switch -Xe in order to link externally. Much slower
but results in a working application.

Many thanks to patspiper who has spent a lot of time helping me to
track down the cause of the problems!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden