[Lazarus] Beyond Compare finally moved to LCL

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Jun 27 12:17:41 CEST 2015

On 06/27/2015 09:59 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-06-27 07:38, leledumbo wrote:
>> They get their product done, we got our bu gs fixed
>> and hopefully some new features, too :)
>
> I know it doesn't work like that in open source software project, but I
> seriously think Lazarus should stop new features for a while and
> concentrate on bug fixing and making LCL consistent across platforms.
> I've recently had to use LCL for a client, and inconsistencies and bugs
> appeared immediately, and just as I remembered them the last time I used
> LCL - back in 2006. This doesn't bode well for companies considering
> moving code to Lazarus.
> fpGUI might not be as large as LCL, or have as many components as LCL,
> but is sure is way more consistent across platforms (I'm talking
> development, API behaviour wise). In fact I normally only develop under
> one platform, then when in comes to building a release for my
> applications, I fire up the VM's and compile for other targets. 99.9% of
> the time the other targets work just like my main development platform.

Use QtLCL on all platforms and you'll get same result as with fpgui (of
course Qt takes OS theme look, so that's difference definitelly, but you
can get same look at all platforms with eg. -style windows ... which
uses win95 style). QtLCL is also LCL. IMO, gtk2 (and gtk3) is kinda of
kindergarten library and it'll never fit lcl needs.

zeljko