[Lazarus] VCLJS

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:36:50 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org
> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015, Bee wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just found this: http://www.vcljs.com
>> Is it possible to use it as LCL for the web?
>>

> I would not recommend it. It's typescript, not javascript. Typescript is
> an M$ experiment. You need visual studio for it to work. (conceivably it
> can be used without VS, but it is an additional hurdle).

TypeScript outputs JavaScript, right? Is it possible to use the JS directly?

> There are many javascript "widgetsets" out there that can be used as "VCL
> for the web": React, ExtJS, Angular, Jquery UI etc. Focusing on one is not
> the right approach IMHO. Not to mention that they all evolve at
> breathtaking speed, and what is current today is no longer current next
> year.

Supporting one of many JS libraries doesn't mean only focusing on one and
only that. Consider it like desktop widgetset, there are GDI, QT, GTK,
Cocoa, etc. I just found another alternative. Its advantage is similar
object model to VCL, so perhaps it might attract someone out here to create
a new web-widget project. :)

--
-Bee-