[Lazarus] Solarized 2 color schemes for Lazarus

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jun 30 22:15:03 CEST 2015

On 06/30/2015 02:47 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-06-30 19:31, waldo kitty wrote:
>>>
>>> In case anybody was interested, here is my Dark and Light versions of
>>> the Solarized theme.
>>
>> stupid question time:
>>
>> i've looked about trying to figure out how to use themes in the IDE but many
>> resources are talking about theming a project in the project options... that's
>> not what we're after...
>>
>> i did finally find something about a userschemes directory that should be in the
>
> I believe you can place them somewhere under the <laz> install
> directory, but I place them in the ~/.lazarus/ tree as follows:
>
> /home/graemeg/.lazarus/
>     |-projectsessions/
>     |-userschemes/
>           solarized_dark.xml
>           solarized_light.xml

my installation is built from fpcup... it uses a special directory for its fpc
and lazarus installation... i was able to figure out the pcp though... the real
clue is that these xml files cannot be inside a subdirectory in userschemes...

>> the problem now is where in the IDE settings do i find the option to select one
>> of these xml color theme files?
>
> "Tools -> Options -> Editor -> Display -> Color"
>
> Then take a look at the top middle of that dialog. There should be a
> "Object Pascal" file type dropdown. Next to that on the right is the
> color scheme selection, for the currently selected file type. Yours
> might say "Default". Click that dropdown and select "Solarized_Dark" or
> "Solarized_Light".
>
> Hope that helps. I've attached a screenshot in case my instructions were
> not clear.

yes, it does help... thanks to the three of you who responded to my plea :)