[Lazarus] how to build lazarus on raspberry pi 1

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:29:17 CET 2015

Hi all,

I just got my Raspberry Pi 1 B+ model (Raspbian). I want to install the
latest Free Pascal and Lazarus on it. I managed to successfully build Free
Pascal trunk (v.3.1.1 from FPC's official SVN) on it using Free Pascal
stable (v.2.6.4-arm-linux from FPC's official SourceForge repository). But
I still failed to make the debugger works on the text-mode IDE. Any help
how to make it works is very much appreciated.

Now, I'm trying to build Lazarus trunk, using FPC trunk. The build command
is:

pi at raspi /usr/local/lazarus/trunk $ sudo make clean all OPT="-CpARMv6
-dFPC_ARMHF"

It's the same 'make' command I had used to build the FPC trunk.
Unfortunately, it failed building Lazarus while assembling
'codeexplorer.pas'. The error message is:

Compiling codeexplorer.pas
Assembling codeexplorer
codeexplorer.pas(2831) Error: Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching
to external assembling
codeexplorer.pas(2831) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Makefile:3795: recipe for target 'lazarus' failed

Which I think a bit strange, because how could it not call the assembler?
It's clearly there and the same assembler has been used to build FPC trunk
successfully. I still haven't find any solutions to solve this problem.
Could anybody here provide some clues?

Thank you.

-Bee-