[Lazarus] Does the Lazarus IDE check for the fpc.cfg in the default places on first run?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:46:38 CET 2015

Does the Lazarus IDE check for the fpc.cfg in the default places on first
run?

I built a few instances of Lazarus from source, and although I set the fpc
binary to a shell script which had its own fpc.cfg passed to it via the @
parameter, they complained about the missing fpc.cfg until I copied the
fpc.cfg to ~/.fpc.cfg.

I thought the @ parameter made testing for fpc.cfg in the default locations
unnecessary.

Is the dependence of ~/.fpc.cfg a feature enforced by Lazarus itself or is
the fpc that triggers the complaint?

In short - does:

1. Lazarus test the fpc passed to it to ensure that it was built with that
fpc build?

2 Does Lazarus run the fpc with some parameters to check that the fpc.cfg
matches?

3. Does the test check for the fpc in the default locations, before testing
the one passed in the fpc.sh script?

My earlier builds were created with fpcup and I wonder if fpcup applied
some patch or used some scheme to fool the Lazarus first run into ignoring
the default fpc.cfg locations.

--
Frank Church