[Lazarus] Unable to find file "staticpackages.inc"

Norbert Crettol norbert.crettol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:48:16 CET 2015

Hello Lazarus community,

This is my first post to this mailing-list. Let me first
introduce myself: my name is Norbert Crettol, from Switzerland.

I'm a former Turbo Pascal user. My first version was
Turbo Pascal v.1.0 for CP/M (on Z80 processor). ;-) I've
not been doing any Pascal development for many years now.
I've no experience with Lazarus.

Now, my problem:

On a fresh Debian Jessie installation, I've installed
Lazarus and fpc (see the list of installed packages below).

Now, I'm trying to install a new package: lazdatadict.
I went to Package->Install/Uninstall Packages and moved
lazdatadict from "Available..." to "Installed" and
clicked on "Save and rebuild IDE". It compiles for a
while and then displays an error message:
Unable to find file "staticpackages.inc".
If it belongs to your project, check search path in
Project -> Compiler Options -> Search Paths -> Other Unit Files.
If this file belongs to a package, check the appropriate package
compiler options. If this file belongs to Lazarus, make sure
compiling clean. If the file belongs to FPC then check fpc.cfg.
If unsure, check Project -> CompilerOptions -> Test

I've checked the newly created ~/.lazarus folder and a file
called "staticpackages.inc" exists there. I've tried to add
/path/to/my/home/.lazarus in "Other Unit Files" as suggested
by the error message but this leads to other errors.

I'm lost. Is that an purely Debian error? I've googled a little
but found nothing satisfying.

Here are some data from Lazarus:
================================
Lazarus version: 1.2.4+dfsg2-1