[Lazarus] Building IDE setting don't ripple to packages

Fri Mar 20 17:09:23 CET 2015

Hi,

Just scanned through the lazbuild thread happening today and it reminded
me of something I noticed yesterday.

I ran Lazarus from the command line so I could see lots of compiler
output. If I rebuild the IDE via the "Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus"
menu option, and then add the "O3 -g- -Xs" parameters in the compiler
Options edit box, then select "Clean All" and then click Build.... I
noticed that the options I specified doesn't ripple through to the IDE
package dependencies. I noticed lots of packages are given compiler
options like "-O1 -gl" etc instead of what I specified. Surely that means
that the resulting executable is not nearly as optimised as it could or
should be.

Using Lazarus 1.5 r48429 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

Regards,
   Graeme