[Lazarus] Startup delay of project (Qt)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Mar 7 17:27:06 CET 2015

Il 07/03/2015 12:37, Vojtěch Čihák ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that Qt projects started with F9 have a delay (about ~12 seconds) before the form appears.
> Its not only with large projects, its also with small projects or even empty forms.
>
> The delay is there even if nothing in project changes and I start it by F9 repeatedly.
> When I try to execute the same project externally (from Double Commander), it starts in ~ 0,3 s.

[...]
> I use Lazarus 1.5 r48159M FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt, Qt 4.8.6.

In a similar setup, only with a slightly  older Qt (4.7.4), I don't
experience the same problem. Qt startup with F9 is a bit slower than
GTK2, but within reasonable limits (3 - 4 seconds). A Qt issue?

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?