[Lazarus] Startup delay of project (Qt)

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Mar 7 18:10:00 CET 2015

On 07/03/2015 11:37, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that Qt projects started with F9 have a delay (about ~12 seconds) before the form appears.
> Its not only with large projects, its also with small projects or even empty forms.
>
> The delay is there even if nothing in project changes and I start it by F9 repeatedly.
> When I try to execute the same project externally (from Double Commander), it starts in ~ 0,3 s.
>
> When i switch to GTk2, the startup is within 2 second (from IDE), which is normal.

Just a wild guess.
GDB checks libraries loaded. So depending on the info found on qt libs
that may take time.

Try
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#internal-error:_clear_dangling_display_expressions
set the field "DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries" to "True"

Or check in options/debugger/event log what is logged.  Disable "Module"