[Lazarus] Default Form placement

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Tue Mar 10 21:58:35 CET 2015

On 10/03/15 14:54, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
> Doesn't Delphi use a single window interface with embedded form
> nowadays? Probably this is why it has a poDefaultPosOnly default instead
> of poDesigned, which i think makes more sense for the multi window
> interface of Lazarus and Delphi1-to-7.

You are right about poDesigned not making so much sense with the single
docked window layout, as you can't move the form with the mouse. (I
believe lazarus can also be set up this way, at least using experimental
patches.)  I did some testing with Delphi XE3 - the default empty form
has Position = poDefaultPosOnly and Top = Left = 0. If you edit Top or
Left with the keyboard, the form doesn't move, but the IDE changes the
Position to poDesigned.

Colin