[Lazarus] lazbuild CheckIfCurPkgOutDirNeedsCompile Missing state file for

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 16 16:28:43 CET 2015

>> Warning: Duplicate unit "ZUpdateSqlEditor" in "zcore 7.1", orphaned ppu
>> "~/_components/zeoslib/packages/lazarus/lib/i386-linux/ZUpdateSqlEditor.ppu"
>> Warning: Duplicate unit "ZUpdateSqlEditor" in "zcomponent 7.1",
>> source="~/_components/zeoslib/src/component/ZUpdateSqlEditor.pas"
>
> "Orphaned" means here: no corresponding source file was found in the
> package.
>
> It seems ZUpdateSqlEditor belongs to package zcomponent, but the ppu is
> in the output directory of package zcore.
> Either this a "bug" in the packages or you forgot to clean
> up.

The package files (*.lpk) and only the corresponding pascal files are in
the same directory by the package's author:

zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zcomponent.pas
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zcore.pas
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zdbc.pas
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zparsesql.pas
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zplain.pas
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zcomponent.lpk
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zcore.lpk
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zdbc.lpk
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zparsesql.lpk
zeoslib/packages/lazarus/zplain.lpk

Additiona sources of the packages are in an other place (in the
distributed archive):

zeoslib/src/*
zeoslib/src/component/*
zeoslib/src/core/*
zeoslib/src/dbc/*
zeoslib/src/parsesql/*
zeoslib/src/plain/*

>> Warning: Duplicate unit "fpolebasic" in "laz_fpspreadsheet 1.5",
>> ppu="fpspreadsheet/lib/i386-linux/fpolebasic.ppu",
>> source="fpspreadsheet/fpolebasic.pas"
>> Warning: Duplicate unit "fpolebasic" in "laz_fpspreadsheet_visual 1.5",
>> ppu="fpspreadsheet/lib/i386-linux/fpolebasic.ppu",
>> source="fpspreadsheet/fpolebasic.pas"
>
> The two packages use the same sources. Either this is a
> "bug" in the packages or you are not supposed to use both.

laz_fpspreadsheet is added to the list of dependencies in
laz_fpspreadsheet_visual, so the visual component cannot be
installed/used without the other.

The package files (*.lpk), the corresponding pascal files, and the
additional pascal/other files are in the same directory by the package's
author:

fpspreadsheet/*

For me the both above seem to be very similar situation (except the
location of additional source/other files).

Cleanup doesn't help in this cases. After removing the "....../lib/"
directories the first rebuild runs without the warnings (of course), but
next time the warnings appear again.

The package files (*.lpk) are in the same directory, so the compiled ppu
files can/will go into the same place by default.

So these issues seem to be related to package (mis)configurations or the
defaults assumed by Lazarus if something (e.g. output directory) isn't
defined.

>> Warning: Duplicate unit "registersqlite" in "sqlite3laz 0.4",
>> Warning: Duplicate unit "registersqlite" in "sqlitelaz 0.4",

These warnings are okay for me, because they may be needed in separate
projects (for any reason).

>> Warning: Duplicate unit "main" in "#IDE",
>> Warning: Duplicate unit "main" in "SdpoDynmatrix 1.0",

Also these warnings are okay for me, because such a situation my lead to
strange results.

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu