[Lazarus] Oscilliscope Control

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 09:28:42 CET 2015

Howard Page-Clark wrote:
> On 21/03/2015 20:56, Michael Thompson wrote:
>
>> The (dead) link is
>> http://eletronicalivre.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/english/oscilloscope/%7CISA
>>

> This link is dead from my location also.

Archive.org thinks it existed for one day in 2011, but doesn't have a copy.

Via Google: "I utilized Lazarus to create a graphical oscilloscope GUI
with great success. The hardware of the oscilloscope was a ISA card I
created myself." So I don't think this would be very helpful unless you
had Felipe's custom card.

What sort of hardware are you trying to control- something like a
conventional 'scope (Tek or whatever) or a low-cost capture pod? In the
past I've captured a dump from a handheld Tek (but I can't remember
whether there was a control facility), and I can talk to an HP protocol
analyser... but it would not surprise me if the protocols involved are
completely model-specific.

As a word of warning, we've got (what used to be) a high-end Tek which
of course has IEEE-488, there's also something that /looks/ like an
RS232 port on it but it's actually high-speed TTL parallel, so I'd warn
you to be sure before connecting to anything for which you don't have
the documentation.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk