[Lazarus] Ways of making new style design

Tue Mar 24 15:36:59 CET 2015

On 2015-03-24 13:10, aradeonas wrote:
> Graeme I'm working with fpGUI and also I wants to remind you for ant new
> screen shots.

Here are some basic ones. As I mentioned, fpGUI includes 7 themes as
standard and any fpGUI application can use them or even switch them at
runtime via the --style command line parameter.

The first 5 images uses standard Canvas drawing and fpGUI's Style class.
I'll upload this as a new demo in fpGUI. I've also seen end-users create
themes with mouse hover effects and animation too. Plus, these don't
even touch the AggPas capabilities, which will make theming magnitudes
better. Obviously you can also implement your own widgets or OnPaint
handler, and then the sky is the limit.

The last image is from a product called SnapDraw, which is 100%
implemented using AggPas (rebranded as CrossGL). The installer has
really funky mouse hover animations on buttons etc. Something to
experience. :-)

  http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/themes/

So recreating your sample screenshot as a desktop application wouldn't
be a problem. It will just take some time to design and paint - just
like you would have to do for the web app.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/