[Lazarus] Package dialog ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Mar 25 08:38:03 CET 2015

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:35:49 +0100 (CET)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> And if not?
>>
>> If you read the explanation carefully, you'll see that that was a given.
>
> Maybe I misunderstand you completely.
> You said the "clean up" function should be removed. That means it has
> no use to anyone. Right?

No, because I think it is potentially harmful and has (to my mind) currently no useful function.

Both aspects are important. There are many other things I consider useless in the IDE, and I don't
think they should be removed, I understand that other people use them (e.g. folding, build modes and
many more :))

Are there any other functions in this dialog, or is the transitivity the only thing that it checks ?
If there are no other functions, then yes, I don't see why it should exist.

But, I repeat:
Maybe I am not aware of other functionality of this dialog, now or planned for the future, that
would justify its existence even for me. (for instance: checking actual usage of units, detecting units
that are in a package which is not in the list etc.).

I get the impression you seem to think I am crusading to get this dialog removed, that's definitely not so.
I just wondered out loud: 'why the hell would this exist ?'  :)

So, relax, no one is crusading :)

Michael.