[Lazarus] Tutorial: Animating desktop widgets

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:38:42 CET 2015

I had a popular free and open library more than 10 years ago which required
no registration. I receive little to no community feedback for it. This
time I'm getting a lot of people talking to me in private message and
they're actually asking questions in the forums. I'll keep it this way for
a while longer.

Also, regarding yesterday's discussion of RGBAControls, I'd like to point
out that a custom theme engine is baked into Cross Codebot and all its
controls. When you one of a Cross Codebot controls on a form, you'll see it
has a theme name (string) property, which contains a drop down list of
registered themes. Changing the theme property on a control changes its
look. Changing the theme on a container control, like TRenderForm or
TSizingPanel, can change the theme of all child controls (if they didn't
specificly already choose a theme name). You can quickly change themes at
runtime and it's easy to write and register your own custom themes.