[Lazarus] Tutorial: Animating desktop widgets

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:44:41 CET 2015

I've updated the original article with a video capture of the widget
running using the same code on Linux. I didn't test this particular project
on Linux previous to this my original post. I copied over the project,
built it without modifying a thing, and it just worked. See for yourself in
the video at the project page (the 2nd video was captured on Linux).

http://www.getlazarus.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40

A note on my Linux computer, it's a 2007 laptop (that's old) with a Core 2
Duo T9800 CPU, GeForce 8600M GT video card, and 4GB of RAM. It's running
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit. Hopefully this gives you people some perspective on
hardware/performance. Also, the screen capture imposes some limits on
performance when running overlay windows, but you'd never know that judging
by the video capture I posted.