[Lazarus] How do you guys extract an SVN revision number from a Git commit ref?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:47:32 CET 2015

wrote:

> On 2015-03-24 21:10, vfclists . wrote:
> >
> > git log -n 1 | head -n 7 | tail -n 1 | cut -d "@" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1
>

> Try:
>
>   git svn find-rev $(git log --max-count 1 --pretty=format:%H)
>

> Alternatively you could do something like this:
>
>   git log -n 1 -z | grep "trunk@[0-9]* "
>
> Tweak the regex to use lookbehind which could then trim the "trunk@"
> prefix. I don't know the regex syntax for grep. The following regex does
> the trick in my editor of choice, but not in the command above for some
> reason.
>
>   (?<=trunk@)[0-9]+
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

This is what I have settled on in the mean time.

LAZ_SVN_REVISION=`git log  | grep -A 10 $LAZ_GIT_REVISION | grep git-svn-id
|  cut -d "@" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1`

It searches the commit log for the 10 lines after the git commit ref ,
looks for the line saying git-svn-id and gets the part after the '@' at
sign. It needs more refinement though.

--
Frank Church