[Lazarus] Lazarus Qt support and Wiki

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu May 14 18:04:09 CEST 2015

Hi all.

In recent years the support for Qt Widgeset in Lazarus has dramatically
improved, thanks to the efforts of Zeljan and others. My grateful thanks
to all of them!

The result is that nowadays Qt WS is fully mature, suitable for
production projects, and, at least for my applications and my taste,
better than GTK2.

The only problem I see is that a lot of Wiki pages are outdated, and
still report Qt as "experimental" and "unstable". Many features are
reported as supported only under Win or GTK WS, while they're perfectly
supported also by Qt.

Last example, just this morning: I used for the first time a
TPopUpNotifier component, and I consulted the Wiki page to get some
hints. The page states that it's supported only under Win32, GTK and
GTK2, while it works perfectly also with Qt.

I'm afraid that such a situation can discourage a number of potential
user from using Qt, while a wider usage would generate a better and
deeper testing, thus helping ironing out what's left to iron out.

Is it ok if, whenever I stumble into a Wiki page which is outdated with
respect of Qt support, I do edit it to reflect the current status of things?
Any objections?

Giuliano