[Lazarus] Indy 10 install in Lazarus 1.4.0

dickmaley dickmaley at advdelphisys.com
Tue May 26 16:13:43 CEST 2015

I had trouble getting Indy 10 to install properly in Lazarus 1.4.0.
Eventually it worked.  I wish to share what I learned.

Follow the instructions at
http://www.indyproject.org/sockets/download/svn.en.aspx
<http://www.indyproject.org/sockets/download/svn.en.aspx>   to download the
indy 10 source and demos.I recommend that you download the subversion files
to a location other than your Lazarus components directory.  This way if you
upgrade Lazarus it is not going to blow away your Indy code.

The Indy 10 source has a *.lpk (/lib/indylaz.lpk) file for installing Indy.
DO NOT USE indylaz.lpk!  THIS FILE DOES NOT WORK.

In the same directory create a new *.lpk file.  I created a new file
"indylaz201505251520.lpk"
<http://www.advdelphisys.com/downloads/indylaz201505251520.lpk>   and its
contents are:  indylaz201505251520.lpk
<http://www.advdelphisys.com/downloads/indylaz201505251520.xml>  .

If you currently have Indy installed, uninstall it.

In Lazarus open the *.lpk file you created above.

<http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/file/n4042380/lpkcompile.png>

Press Compile.  It should compile fine.  If it does not then you have other
problems.

If it compiled fine, press “use/install”.  In the following dialog press
Yes.

<http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/file/n4042380/lpkcompile2.png>

Lazarus should recompile and restart.  Your palette should now have all the
Indy components.

Dick Maley