[Lazarus] IDE under OSX causes TDefaultComponentEditor error

Fri May 29 13:50:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

New Lazarus v1.4 install from the files on SourceForge, using OSX
10.9.5. If I create a new application and drop a button on the empty
form, double click the button so I can implement a OnClick event
handler, the IDE pops up with an error "Error in
TDefaultComponentEditor.... unable to find method....". The IDE also
opened the lclclasses.pp unit and the Messages Window shows that on line
26 it can't find the Classes unit.??

I did some Google searching and found references to this same error back
in 2010, for Lazarus 0.9.29 under Windows. The forum comments weren't
much help in my case though.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/