[Lazarus] User defined markup question

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue May 5 01:02:43 CEST 2015

On 04/05/2015 20:58, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how to setup User Defined Markup in Source Editor so it changes style
> (color, bold etc.)? (See screenshot).
> There are some properties like Priority or Set Bound at Start/End but
> I don't know how to use them properly.

See also
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_User_Defined_Words

I assume you want a fixed word list (no adding of new session temporary
words via key strokes)?

On the "main settings" page

1) add the words to the list (white box, right side of the dialog)
actually it is terms, as you can add a phrase too, but it will only
match, if on a single line. And it is sensitive to space count. One
space is exactly one, and tabs and spaces are different too.

2) For each word (while the word is selected) decide
- case sensitivity
- "bound at term start" (or "end") If this is ste then the term (the
word) is only matched, if it begins/ends as a new word (is surrounded by
none wordchars.

In the text "FooBar, what?", the term "Bar" will be matched as follows
- neither bound is required: matched
- only end bound is required: matched
- only start bound is required: NOT matched ("Bar" is not the beginning
of a new word)
- both bound are required: NOT matched

Priority

See: Editor / Dispay / Colors. There is a button "Priorities"
Each color has a priority. A color with a higher priority overpaint
those with lower priority.

So you can define if your colors are affected e.g. by the color that
"text selection" applies.

you can use alpha, to apply the color as a mix/fade.