[Lazarus] (no subject)

A. Fortuny aforsprl at gmail.com
Wed May 6 17:23:53 CEST 2015

Le 5/05/2015 22:41, Xirax Xirax a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Any one know who can I talk about Lazarus graphical interface like
> logo,splash screen and so on?

Hi Guys (not seeing girls over there)

After a reading across this post, I wonder how much relevant is, for
Lazarus users like me, Xirax Xirax proposal. To be honest I must write
that I'm 64 and I know Lazarus and use it for more than 5 years. I also
know Delphi from the very first version 1.0 on Windos 3.1 (do some of
you remeber what it was ?).  As a Lazarus user, I'm absolutely happy on
the job the team has achieved so far. As a developer (but non in
Lazarus) I like that an IDE gives me as much help as possible to
implement the best solution to a given problem. I do not care at all
whether the splash screen is either red or grey or maybe the icon
representing a component is blue or dark yellow, as long as I SEE that
icon at the same place across all new releases. Lazarus and Delphi
achieved the same goal. This is, for instance, one of my major blames
against Micro$oft. On every new release I've to loose time just to find
where those crazy people disguise the well known function in previous
version.  That's also the major reason why I love Linux. I use the same
Linux dialect for almost 10 years and nothing changed (except new
features) neither in install process nor in the graphical interface
(OpenSuse & Xfce). I'm not interested on what the GUI looks like as far
as it works fine. Being a Linus and a Wind$ws user and developer, I
highly apreciate how close the IDEs are in Linux and Windo$ws. This is
also highly productive.

Xirax Xirax proposal could maybe lead to have a nice GUI for the IDE:
useless for me and development time lost. As a developer I prefer to
focus on efficiency rather than on beauty. The last needs guys (or
girls) having some artistic skills. I have none.

Thanks to you all guys.

Antonio.

---