[Lazarus] Images, icons, who designed what [[was: Re: (no subject)]]

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.nl
Wed May 6 22:10:50 CEST 2015

On 6-5-2015 20:31, Martin Frb wrote:
> On 06/05/2015 18:38, Xirax Xirax wrote:
>> Martin as I want in the first email I just need to talk with
>> pereviouse designer and talking about design and maybe get old full
>> resolution design resource like logo. so if you know he tell me and if
>> not I will go for it and send you result so you and other team member
>> can discuss about it.
>>

> I dont know who designed them in first. They already existed before I
> joined (in 2008).

The current splash was proposed by Sérgio Marcelo in the end of 2007 on
IRC. While on IRC Paul, Mattias and I discussed the splash and I had
contact with him to provide licence free images.
The cheetah is converted to SVG by me based on a free picture
The column is also vectorized by me.
 From these images Sérgio made the splash. IIRC we never received the
gimp source of the image.

Later Laurent made a SVG copy of the image (I still have the copy).
Since it is not the origial it is iirc not in svn.

After this, Laurent started to update all the toolbar images, made them
more uniform and gave them the blueish look.

 From the splash logo, someone once provided the round pawn button icon.
And later someone ale came up with the gear like icon.

> AFAIK All the artwork we have is in SVN. If any was deleted, then the
> logs show it, and an earlier revision can still be checked out.

Correct.

> As for the icons, as they were most recently changed,  maybe someone
> remembers who did the artwork?

See above.

> All the people in question are on this
> list, so if anyone knows they will be here. Yet keep  in mind, people
> may be busy with other stuff. Answers can take a few weeks. If no answer
> comes, then no one will know...
>
> Example splash. In the image folder
>
> splash_logo.png  - current - committed 2007, by Marc - He is on this
> list, so if he did it or remembers who gave it to him, he will answer.
>
> splash_logo.xpm - older version - committed in 2002 - dont know who
> (maybe Mattias).

Ahh... that one... I thought the orange one.

I guess this image was put together by Michael A. Hess. Around that time
he had setup a new lazarus website, which had the same features. I
cannot find any mail about it.

Marc