[Lazarus] What is main form? (Splash question)

Fri May 8 17:59:06 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-08 16:46, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
> It seems that after adding splash screen is FrmMain no longer considered
> as a main form.

As far as I know, the first form that gets created is considered the
"main form" and the one that controls the lifespan of the application.
When the main form closes, the application normally terminates.

In fpGUI I can simply assign a new instance to fpgApplication.MainForm,
but it doesn't seem like LCL as a MainForm property. So I suggest you
create the splash form after the main form, but show the splash form
before the main form.

I also suggest you take a look at what Lazarus IDE itself does. After
all, it displays a splash screen. Learn by example. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/