[Lazarus] What is main form? (Splash question)

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sat May 9 00:23:53 CEST 2015

I did it too. I have checkbox in application options, so users can disable splash screen.
Variable SplashEnabled is loaded from config files and its default is True (when no configs exist yet).
Therefore is splash always displayed when application run for the first time.

On 2015-05-08 20:59, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
> the sleep() was there because demo is simple and is executed too fast
> and I needed to see whether splash is actually displayed.

If you have the time, take a look at the splashscreen demo included with
fpGUI.  <fpgui>/examples/gui/splashscreen/

There I use a timer in the splash screen, so it will destroy itself. So
the splash screen is still visible for a short while, while the main
form is displayed. Clicking on the splash screen makes it disappear
instantly. In the real world, I would also make the splash screen
optional via an application setting, or the usual --no-splash or -ns
command line parameters.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/ <http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/>