[Lazarus] Processing TCoolBar child by IDE

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:08:24 CEST 2015

En Mon, 11 May 2015 09:18:01 -0500, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz>
escribió:

> Hi,
>

> developing TCoolBar wasn't easy, one must deal with LCL austosizing
> mechanism, which is very sophisticated.
>
> I know that in design-time is not band-height recalculated immediately.
> The reason is mainly I wanted to do CoolBar
>
> efficient and avoid redundant recalculation (LCL triggers many resize
> events).
>

> I understand you, it would be nice to have it perfect (panel will resize
> band and band will resize panel).
>
> However, I wouldn't like to make big changes to design of TCoolBar, I
> happy it works and is stable :-).

Any change that TCtrlBands  can be re-implemented to not use generics?,
while they apparently work fine on FPC trunk, they are not guaranteed to
work on FPC 2.6.X. (specially advanced features like the one in r 45860)
and 1.4 was apparently released with this changes.

In fact recompiling 1.4 on Mac using 2.6.X failed here :(.

Jesus Reyes A.