[Lazarus] Google APIs

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 15 12:02:41 CEST 2015

On Fri, 15 May 2015, markbass72 wrote:

> On 15/05/2015 10:22, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> Better ask questions here. I don't use the forum, I'm old school.
>> But I have answered on the forum.
>>

> from forum:
>> you can set the  webclient.logfile to some valid filename and examine the
>> resulting
> file after the request. It should contain the complete response of google
>> Note that you  better use the Patch method if you're just changing some
>> properties.
>

> Following the response for:
> FCalendarAPI.EventsResource.Update(FCurrentCalendar.ID, entry.id, Entry);
>
> that is the same (except for 1st line where response begins with "Request :
> PATCH https://...") for:
> FCalendarAPI.EventsResource.Patch(FCurrentCalendar.ID, entry.id, Entry);
>
> maybe missing headers?

Looks like it, a header 'Content-type: application/javascript' should be added.

Look in googleservice.pp, line 522

     Req.SetContentFromString(AInput);

There add a
   if (AMethod<>'GET') then
     Req.Headers.Add('Content-Type: application/json');

Strange.

I have created a calendar sync app which does both POST and PATCH.
Probably I have forgotten to copy some changes to the FPC repo.

Please test and report, if this helps, I'll update the API.
(I need to do some other changes anyway)

Michael.