[Lazarus] How to get image from xray device?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 25 14:29:38 CEST 2015

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> FreeMan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> we have veraview IC5 xray device. This device connected to LAN via
>> rj45. It has a IP address. I need get image from this device
>> (cross-platform). How to do this? has any one any idea?
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Application_Gallery#MRIcroGL
>> MRIcroGL & MRIcron is viewer, I need to get image from device, after
>> then need viewer.
>> Thank you.
>
> What protocols does it support? In extremis, run XXXX against it looking
> for open ports, or put XXXXXXXXX between their proprietary software and
> the instrument.

I want to withdraw those suggestions. Google shows that this is a
medical device rather than for e.g. non-destructive testing, and any
interference with it probably exposes its owner (i.e. the dental
practice) to massive liability and might be illegal.

There should be nothing attached to the LAN port that isn't approved by
the manufacturer. If the manufacturer approves attachment of a PC, there
should be no software on it that is unapproved. If the manufacturer
approves attachment to the Internet, then assume that at some point it
will be compromised and- potentially- could injure somebody.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk