[Lazarus] LazReport Questions

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:59:45 CEST 2015

En Mon, 25 May 2015 21:39:41 -0500, steveg <steveg at nevets.com.au> escribió:

> Thank you Michael.
>
> I have then following problems currently -
>
> 1:
> I am placing a subreport in a Group footer (to run a charges query for
> each client in group break)
> It would appear that the subreport is run 'after' accessing all other
> fields in the footer, no matter what it is named, or where it is
> placed.  I would like to be able to specify when it runs in relation to
> the other fields (to be able to use it for further calculations).
> Is this at all possible ?

Is not possible in current implementation. Name or Position (x,y) have no
effect, however "z-order" (relative position between objects) might help.
It even seems that as soon a subreport is found any remaining object is
skipped.

> 2:
> All objects seem to be accessed in the order they are saved in the lrf
> file, not by Name (alpha) or position - this makes it problematic when
> using them for calculations.
> Is it possible to have the running report fill in the fields by alpha
> name position instead ?

Not in the current implementation.

> 3:
> Deleting an object from a report (memo / band / subreport) will often
> cause the program to abort.
> I haven't yet been able to conclude precisely what its related to, but
> still watching.
> Does anybody else have this issue ?

I haven't seen it. Feel free to submit a bug report with a sample project.

Jesus Reyes A.