[Lazarus] Date value "0"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu May 28 20:45:57 CEST 2015

Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Am 2015-05-28 um 17:14 schrieb waldo kitty:
>> i don't know why it isn't confident... am is morning so 12am is the
>> very first entry into morning as 12pm is the very first entry into
>> afternoon...
>> i don't understand the confusion or the problem...
>>

> So the day starts with 12 at midnight and then switches to 1 an hour later?
> If that isn't confusing...

In fairness "12 Noon" is a common English idiom while "zero midnight"
isn't. If using the 12-hour clock it's common to say "five to twelve"
shortly before either midday or midnight and "five past twelve"
afterwards... I've never heard anybody say "five past zero".

So I'd expect "12 Midnight" to not give anybody major problems.

But I still avoid setting equipment which reports time using a.m./p.m.
around midnight or midday- who knows what ghouls lurk in the firmware.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk