[Lazarus] Mac retina pain

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri May 29 17:02:33 CEST 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2015-02-06 08:14, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> That's it, I already hate Tim Cook. Someone should resurrect Jobs.
>
> I second that motion! :)  After all the frustrations we are having with
> our Macbook Pro + Retina display, my wife refuses to upgrade her 2011
> iMac! I don't blame her at all. OSX is getting worse and worse with
> every release.

In defense of Apple, I run Lazarus on Kubuntu on a Macbook pro+ Retina,
and the result is not exactly optimal (mildly put).
Not for Lazarus, but also not for the whole KDE suite of programs or
even FireFox.

Most software was simply not designed to run on such high resolutions.
It will take some time for the programs to adapt.

Michael.