[Lazarus] Mac retina pain

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Fri May 29 19:05:30 CEST 2015

The _real_ solution is also hidden in this thread:

Felipe found it, perhaps the fix never found it's way in the Lazarus
Sourcecode:

With this search string: site:lists.apple.com/archives/carbon-dev retina
Here is the magic! Commands in the terminal: Retinize!
> defaults write lazarus.freepascal.ide AppleMagnifiedMode NO
De-Retinize!
> defaults write lazarus.freepascal.ide AppleMagnifiedMode YES

Looks like that it can be fixed in code too:
http://sdg.mesonet.org/people/brad/XCode3/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleSnowLeopard.CoreReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/HiDPIOverview/HiDPIConcepts/HiDPIConcepts.html
"

by specifying kWindowFrameworkScaledAttribute at window creation time."