[Lazarus] Manage server task list architecture

Aradeonas aradeonas at operamail.com
Sun Nov 8 09:05:56 CET 2015

Hi, This is not an especially Lazarus or FPC question but I want to do
it with Lazarus so I need your help.

I don't have any experience with servers and want to know how should I
manage this situation:

My system get files,hash them and then send them back so when you post a
file to it,it should hash it and then give you a download link.

It is so simple if I have 1 user but what should I do when in web page I
have a list that you can add many files and files will done one by one?
This one is simple too,I could make a cgi (or what ever it needs,cgi is
an example) per requests,do the job and update the page with Ajax but
what will happen when multi users come together?

for example 10 user come and each add 20 file in the list. Should I
open a cgi for each request? In this case I get 200 live cgi that are
hashing in the same time. It seems not good especially when users count
will increase.

How can I manage this situations that multi users come and give multi
task and should wait for them to finish?

Regards, Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again