[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Nov 2 10:12:15 CET 2015

On 10/31/2015 01:07 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I had hoped that while executing sleep() statements the main thread
> would yield to the TCP thread but it seems like it does not...
Sleep() indeed puts the running (main) thread to sleep and allows for
other threads to run in the mean time.

The problem with sleep is not that it would not work as expected, but
that it increases the latency. It your Thread fires main thread events
(that later are called by "CheckSynchronize()"), with sleep they are not
executed immediately (as one would desire) but only with a latency of
(up to) the  sleeping time.

-Michael