[Lazarus] Lazarus in trunk not working after Rev 50151 on MacOSX

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Tue Nov 3 17:24:02 CET 2015

On 03.11.2015 17:08, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Fixed.

How did you find it from the description? You are a wizard :)
Sorry for introducing the bug in my code. But I know how it happened: it
was introduced by CodeTools variable completion:

procedure TIDECommands.PostponeUpdateEvents;
begin
   FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil := GetTickCount64 + 500;
end;

if FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil is not declared and I complete it with
Ctrl+Shift+C it creates an integer variable:

procedure TIDECommands.PostponeUpdateEvents;
var
   FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil: Integer;
begin
   FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil := GetTickCount64 + 500;
end;

I then moved the FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil declaration to the
private section without checking the actual type of it.

If you complete without the addition, the type is correct:

procedure TIDECommands.PostponeUpdateEvents;
var
   FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil: QWord;
begin
   FDontExecuteUpdateEventsUntil := GetTickCount64;
end;

Should I report it in the bug tracker?

Ondrej