[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Nov 6 17:20:24 CET 2015

On 06.11.2015 17:08, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> This is odd. How adding  the method to TRect didn't break much for Delphi?

It did break a lot of code for Delphi.

> I'd think that Delphi /3d party components code also uses a lot of
> WITHs with TRects.

Yes, it did break a lot of code in 3rd party components as well.

---

Nevertheless I am of the opinion that WITH is evil and should be removed
from the IDE/LCL code (unless only identifiers from within the with
scope are used; but even then they could be removed...). The
Width/Height (+ other useful functions) are a good TRect enhancement.

Ondrej