[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Fri Nov 6 18:07:41 CET 2015

On 2015-11-06 16:42, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I use it abundantly. If I have QMYQueryObjectWithAVeryLongName then being able to write

Can't you simply use an "absolute" variable, or alias variable with a
shorter name - instead of WITH all together.

I hate WITH, but do use it on occasion - primarily in fpGUI's Form
Designer (auto generated code). But if I do have to use WITH, I always
only use one variable with it.

For me at least, WITH falls into the same category as GOTO. It has its
pitfalls, can easily be abused, but useful on occasions.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/