[Lazarus] How can I close a Lazarus project and open another?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:50:22 CET 2015

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 14:37:18 +0000, Michael Van Ham
<michael.vanham at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 7, 2015, 06:35 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Access violation.
>
>Running on a Raspberry Pi2 with Raspbian Jessie and FPC3.1.1 and
>Lazarus 1.5.
>
>You might experience fewer frustrations using a released version of lazarus
>(1.4.4) instead of the in development version (1.5).

Does Lazarus 1.4.4 work with FPC 3.1.1?

I initially installed svn trunk for both FPC and Lazarus after looking
around at how to install these on Raspbian Jessie and found numerous
websites saying it was not working trying to get release versions
running.
So then I found one that guided me into installing FPC and Lazarus on
Jessie, but this guide used svn to retrieve the bleeding edge trunk..
So it got me FPC 3.1.1 (svn something which I don't know how to see)
and Lazarus 1.5 svn 50059.

If I would like to backtrack to a release version of fpc and lazarus,
how would I go about getting out of the trunk versions?
I do have both fpc and lazarus sources checked out via svn (in
different places since fpc is installed as root whereas Lazarus is
installed by user pi).

I think you are probably correct in saying I should use the release
versions.... ;)

I am positively not an expert in these things on Linux having worked
about 20 years with Delphi on Windows...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden