[Lazarus] Smooth scrolling label (marquee)

Tue Nov 10 16:55:36 CET 2015

On 2015-11-10 12:28, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> I guess codebot needs a newer fpc, it doesn't compile with 2.6.4.

You can also take a look at AggPas, which can easily accomplish what you
ask for - with out 0-1% CPU load (tested previously on my system).
Lazarus includes a copy of AggPas as standard.

Here are some examples to show you smoothness - and even warped text on
a bezier curve.

  http://crossgl.com/aggpas/aggpas-demo.htm

Take a look at the Trans_curve1.exe and Trans_curev2.exe example
executables (if you have Windows).

AggPas as been tested on Linux, Windows, FreeBSD and OS/2. And on 32-bit
and 64-bit where OSes support that.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/