[Lazarus] Do not recompile all package dependencies

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Nov 12 13:59:46 CET 2015

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 13:21:24 +0100
Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net> wrote:

> On 12.11.2015 11:05, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Change_the_output_directory_of_project_and_all_packages
>
>[...]
> Note: Duplicate unit "actnlist" in "TestProj", orphaned ppu
> "P:\programs\TestProj\lib\i386-win32\Debug\actnlist.ppu"
> Note: Duplicate unit "actnlist" in "LCLBase 1.5",
> ppu="P:\programs\TestProj\lib\i386-win32\Debug\actnlist.ppu",
> source="P:\software\Lazarus_src\trunk\lcl\actnlist.pas"
>
> I am compiling all packages and the project into one directory (OutDir =
> "$(ProjPath)/../lib/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)/$(BuildMode)"). Is this  a
> problem?

It could be a problem if you have packages that require separate
output directories and/or if the directory is shared with another
project with different set of packages and/or settings.

The IDE assumes that packages are shared by projects and thus are
separated from the project.
It's on my todo list to give only one warning in that case.

I added an example showing how to use the macros $(ProjPath) and
($PkgName) to compile packages into separate directories.

Mattias