[Lazarus] Fast file reading using file cache

Thu Nov 19 17:33:34 CET 2015

On 2015-11-19 16:20, Aradeonas wrote:
> Wow Graeme, You made this too? Are you a person or a company full of
> minions? :D

Without quoted context, I'm assuming your are referring to XanaNews? ;-)

I didn't create it, but am maintaining it for now. The original SVN
repository disappeared a year or so ago. I luckily had a full Git clone
of it, so I made it public on Github. I then applied some of my own bug
fixes, merged in some contributions, and made a few releases to date.

XanaNews is a great news reader, and very configurable, but
unfortunately I don't really have time for new XanaNews development -
only minor fixes here and there. My hope is that somebody would at some
point step up and take over any new development work - maybe even port
it to LCL (or fpGUI - a man can dream) to make it truly cross-platform.
I works very will via WINE under FreeBSD though. At least having the
XanaNews code in Git (and on Github) means the code will not be lost again.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/