[Lazarus] Video: Docked Designer Test

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:28:58 CET 2015

:

> May I make a suggestion. Why not automatically place non-visual
> components (eg: TOpenDialog, TSaveDialog etc) in a dedicated non-visual
> area outside the designed form: eg: in a panel above the "Code,
> Designer" tabs shown in the video. It could even be order alphabetically.
>
> I never understood why non-visual components lived inside the designer
> form at a specific x,y position - cluttering up your designer form. Even
> the streaming had to be "hacked" to support a fake x,y position for
> these non-visual components.

New "Non-visual" page (or some additional space in "Designer" page) for
that purpose is planned in future. Please create on mantis "Feature
request" for that.

Anyway sorting/disabling non-visual components is supported by FreeSparta
solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOjWCLDScQ&t=615

It should be ported very soon.

--