[Lazarus] Video: Docked Designer Test

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Nov 23 14:58:14 CET 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 2015-11-23 13:06, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> The reason is simple: there was/is no other place where to put them.
>
> The "docked form designer" is supposed to be an enhancement over the old
> one [opinions my differ] - my suggestion was just an extension of that
> enhancement. As with everything in Lazarus - making features option is
> ideal. ;-)

In this regard:

Mattias Gaertner demonstrated the new 'Project Groups' feature during the Dutch Lazarus conference.
It is implemented as a package (already in SVN under "components"), so it is optional.

As noticed by one of the audience, it is implemented better than Delphi Project Groups,
(nested project groups, ability to add single files, build modes nicely integrated)
even though there is still a todo list for them.

My own first impressions are already very encouraging :-)

Michael.