[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus on arm-linux

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:36:18 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 30 September 2015 18:46:11 Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Op 30-09-15 om 15:43 schreef Martin Schreiber:
> > This is wrong, you need a eabihf compiler, either a patched FPC 2.6.4 or
> > better FPC 3.0.1 from here:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
> >
> > Martin
>
> Thanks,
>
> Although the link points to a crosscompiler, I managed to compile
> lazarus on the odroid with binaries from your repo.

Ah, sorry, wrong link, please use
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/

> I had to configure
> the device to run without GUI because of lack of memory.
> Unfortunately, when I start lazarus, it complains it can't find the
> fpc-sources, which is true, because I only have a number of binaries.
> Can I just get the svn-sources and use these ?
>
> And when I try to add packages in lazarus, I can't because of lack of
> memory. So how can I add packages from the command-line ?

I normally use cross compiling and remote debugging with MSEide:
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/crossarm.png
It needs current MSEide+MSEgui from git master:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui
and the FPC cross environment from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
There soon will be a MSEide+MSEgui 4.0beta1 release.
You probably can can configure Lazarus for cross development too.

Martin